The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, Kano Literacy and Mathematics Accelerator (KaLMA)
Role Type: Policy, Advisory & Expertise
Pay Band: 1
Department: Business Support Services
Job Category: Facilities
The Role Purpose
- This is a fixed term role to support the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Application Closing Date and Time
- Proficiency in English
- Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or equivalent
- A valid Nigeria driver’s license
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a similar role within the corporate sector or NGO sector.
- In depth knowledge of designated locations and road signs
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience driving an armoured vehicle (assessed during interview)
- Basic IT skills including MS Word and Excel
- Advanced driving skills
- Customer service skills
- FRSC driving test certificate
- Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
26th September, 2019 (23:59 UK time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here to download BC Behaviour (pdf)
Click here to download BC Core Skills (pdf)
- In your application form, please clearly explain how you meet the essential and desirable skills, qualification and experience criteria mentioned in the person specification section of the role profile. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.