eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Facility
Purpose of the Position
What You’ll Do
- The Coordinator, Facility will work with and be supervised by the Associate Manager, Program Operations.
- The Coordinator, Facility role is to ensure the effective management of the Clubhouse operations and Facility. Provides clear objectives and offers support as needed. Monitors facility staff timekeeping and various leaves.
Who You Are
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and assures effective operation of an eHealth building [and related property and grounds.
- Serves as the primary contact with staff, members and clients for a specific facility and related property and grounds.
- Supervises facility support employees. Provides clear objectives and offers support as needed.
- Ensures compliance with safety and security policies and processes at all times.
- Maintains secure environment by keeping lock and access information confidential and complying with regulations.
- Distributes and retrieves access cards and keys to facility staff members.
- Ensure effective management of member/guest registration, visits and events.
- Promptly respond to requests from members/guests while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations
- Ensures scheduled maintenances are carried out on facility and equipment in a proactive manner to prevent failures or premature wear and tear. This is essential to ensure continuous operation of the facility.
- Conducts regular facility (and related property and grounds] and equipment inspections to assure effective operation and maintenance.
- Identifies areas for improvement in facility management and brings to the attention of Associate Manager, Program Operations..
- Responds to complaints regarding facility from staff, members, and/or clients in a timely manner (i.e., regarding lighting, building temperature, equipment failure, etc.).
- Sets up appropriate office space and provides needed equipment for new employees.
- Ensure facility is adequately stocked with essential supplies and maintain an efficient re-ordering system to prevent stock-outs.
- Maintains facility supplies and facility services equipment (printers/copiers/scanners). Arranges timely repairs, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records and generates a variety of reports utilizing spreadsheets and databases.
- Responsible for performing any other duty assigned by Management.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building Technology, Estate Management, Facility Management, Business Management and project Management or relevant area is required.
- Three years prior experience in facilities or hotel management related industry, preferably within the hospitality industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The post holder will be required to work effectively under pressure, be resilient and able to work in a busy, challenging and rapidly changing and insecure environment. Will also be expected to work through late hours and weekends quite frequently..
- Excellent customer service communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online