Anglia Ruskin University is a vibrant workplace and our University is gaining prominence both nationally and internationally. We have ambitious plans for the future and we are determined that our students and staff will realise their full potential. Our main campuses in the cities of Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough have been transformed with major capital investment. With an annual turnover of over £200m, we are a major force for higher education and one of the largest universities in the East of England.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Development Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Education / Teaching
About the Role
- The International Development Officer position, located in Lagos, is responsible for pro-actively managing student recruitment channels and helping to deliver our International strategy in Nigeria
- The post holder will work closely with our Senior International Manager (Africa) to support relationship management of all channel partners, marketing activity, partnership development and alumni relations
- They will support the development and delivery of our International strategy to ensure that student recruitment objectives and targets are achieved
- This role will require extensive travel within Nigeria, and possibly to other markets in the region, as well as occasional travel to the UK.
- Undertake all activities related to student recruitment from Nigeria. Actively promote and recruit to all courses at ARU including Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Summer Schools and Study Abroad and Courses. This will include attending exhibitions and promotional events, partner visits, and school and University visits to attract potential students to study with ARU.
- Through the development of strong working relationships manage our agents in Nigeria to support our recruitment and marketing strategy. To include regular office visits, training events, applicant interviews and conversion activities.
- To prepare and contribute to high quality publicity and marketing material in various formats including social media in order to promote our University and its courses to a wide range of audiences in Nigeria.
- Build new productive recruitment links and manage existing ones with universities, recruitment partners and other organisations in the designated region and liaise with relevant in-country governmental bodies, embassies, consulates and visa offices.
- Organise and contribute to a range of student conversion activities, providing course information, visa advice and support, pre departure briefings and English Language testing.
- Be responsible for implementing an annual marketing and recruitment plan to successfully recruit students to agreed targets.
- Report to the Senior International Manager and wider University colleagues on market conditions in Nigeria to identify market development strategies and opportunities to explore and develop potential further recruit streams, partnerships and progression routes into our courses.
- Develop and maintain links with alumni in Nigeria as appropriate, working with the Alumni team, as well as hosting in-country alumni events.
- Lead on specific projects and perform such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your role
Application Closing Date
- You possess a Bachelor's/Tertiary Degree qualification obtained overseas (preferably in the UK)
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to work flexibly and independently
- You are motivated and target driven with demonstrable experience achieving success in a sales and or marketing environment, ideally in the International education sector
- You are creative yet analytical, organised, and resourceful
- You are able to undertake frequent travel between States within Nigeria and occasionally overseas and work weekends and evenings as required.
26th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
As part of the online application process you will be required to provide the following information below and asked to explain, in less 500 words, 'How your skill set aligns with the essential requirements of this role'.
- Email Address:
- Contact Number:
- Do you currently work for a student recruitment agency?
- If yes, which agency?
- Are you currently employed?
- If yes, what is your current job title?
- If yes, how long have you been in your current role?
- What is your highest level of education?
- Have you ever studied abroad?
- If yes, which country?
- What is your expected MONTHLY salary in Naira (numerically)?
- Referring to the Job Description please outline how your skill set aligns with the essential requirements of this role. (500 words max).