SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
- The role of the Livelihood Officer is to provide technical and management support to families and community members to develop and implement self-reliance strategies to break the cycle of poverty through facilitation of community based sustainable livelihood initiatives; either in promotion of employment-oriented initiatives; enhancing skills or engaging in income-generating activities.
- The incumbent overall goal is to strengthen families and community members to improve their livelihood security and increase their income generation opportunities to enable them improve the care and protection of their children, with special focus on craft and artisan based livelihood interventions, solidarity and reaching sustainability in holistic development of their children and their families.
- Facilitate the mplementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action.
- Organize and support running of livelihood activities in the programme.
- Manage the effective and proper use of assets, financial resources and facilities according to standard procedures in order to comply with auditing requirements.
- Support beneficiary’s identification and selection processes together with the Team.
- Participate in field assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, monitoring).
- Assist in the registration of target families at the community working closely with Project Manager to ensure data is collected and is recorded within the livelihoods programming to be implemented.
- Make field arrangements for planned visits to project locations.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the livelihoods project.
- Coordinate (or assist Livelihood Teams in coordinating) activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Maintain coordination and appropriate information sharing and communication lines with partners and stakeholders at field level to avoid duplication and maximize synergies.
- Record and follow up with the Livelihood Teams on complaints from participants and communities.
- Facilitate (or assist in the facilitation of) trainings for Organization staff, volunteers and participants when needed.
- Set up (or assist to set up) a clear participants follow-up mechanism and ensure that appropriate follow-up are made to support participants.
- Compile and submit regular project updates.
Application Closing Date
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Livelihood or/and Livelihood Sustainable Framework training.
- Cash transfer programming training.
- Relevant academic and/or professional backgrounds in either rural/agricultural and/or urban (e.g. income generating activities, small enterprises, micro-finance, vocational training) livelihoods fields is preferred
- At least 3 years previous humanitarian or development experience with similar Organization, INGOs, NGOs or any organization of the same field.
4th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online