SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- The overview of the role is to manage the implementation and ongoing monitoring component phase of the project in accordance with the Organization’s policies, strategies, standard/guidelines and established operational procedure.
- Manage the overall project for the benefit of the participants and stakeholders within our target group in the target community.
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis, lead project planning and ensure that the annual planning process is carried out.
- Manage the implementation of Project activities according to the objectives, actions and time frames. Guide and support the development of sustainable community responses to the situation of children within our target group in the community.
- Ensure that children within our target group in the targeted community participate in the entire phase of the project.
- Guide and support the building of self-reliance in families.
- Build a strong SOS Project location team.
- Ensure strong financial management and administration in the project location and that they are in accordance with existing standards or policies of the organization.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of Bachelors and preferably Master's Degree in the Social Sciences [Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or Economics].
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of Project Management or Family and Community Development.
- A strong understanding of program design and development, especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihood, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- Experience in social science research and extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations, etc.
- A thorough understanding of Documentation Control Management, Result Based Management and Project Control Management, and training approaches is required.
- Strong critical innovative thinking and proven leadership skills.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality as well as modelling principled behavior.
4th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online