Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Qualifications and Experience
- Identifying and reporting maintenance issues pertaining to the hospital facility to your HOD for assignment to the appropriate maintenance officer.
- Undertaking mechanical or electrical works assigned to you weekly and delivering them in record time.
- Carry out routine check for faulty equipment in the hospital and ensuring they are promptly fix.
- Responsible for installing all mechanical or electrical appliances or equipment in the hospital.
- Preparing and submitting vouchers after approval from the HOD for maintenance works to be undertaking by you to the cashier.
- Submitting report on usage of funds requested after every maintenance work undertaken.
- Assisting your HOD in the development of annual (or periodic) maintenance budget for the hospital.
- Maintaining effective inventory and loss control program for the supplies, part tools, and equipment of the department.
- Ensuring that the process and procedures for call-outs, maintenance and installations, as well as standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Assisting and updating maintenance operating procedures and ensuring implementation.
- Assist in capacity building initiatives in the department.
- Handling companies equipment with utmost care and taking responsibility for keeping them in their best possible state at all times.
- Ensuring the continuous effective reduction in the cost of repairs and maintenance of HSH equipment, through the strict compliance to manufacturers’ precautionary guidelines.
- Keeping maintenance log book and reporting daily activities.
- Participating in the periodic inspection of HSH facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Ensuring compliance of health and safety policies.
- Doing all maintenance duties assigned to you with utmost mindfulness of departmental maintenance budget per month, and engaging such resources at your disposal to deliver optimum results.
- Ensuring that the conference hall and any other meeting facility of the hospital always set up and that all their projecting facilities, public address systems, sockets, switches, appliances and gadgets are kept in good shape and ready for use at all times.
- Developing, maintaining and improving quality standards.
Application Closing Date
- Work experience: at least 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Education requirements: Minimum of a diploma degree in Engineering or its equivalent.
- Prior knowledge and experience in the medical field is an added advantage.
4th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.