Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, an International Oil Service Company with a strong presence in Oil and Gas pipeline construction and facilities as well as related activities will be embarking on a major project soon. To meet the requirement of this project, they need suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commissioning Manager (Oil and Gas and Pipeline Projects)
Slots: 3 Openings
- The PC&C Manager is responsible for all PC&C activities on his/her Project, to bring the Project Facilities from a status of "End of Construction" to a condition of "fully commissioned/ tested and ready for Client Acceptance/ Handover".
- The successful candidate must ensure that all PC&C activities are performed in accordance with the contractual requirements, -ie allocated budgets, HSE rules, contractual schedule and in line with PC&C execution methodology.
- Given his/her cumulated handover function, he liaises with the Construction disciplines (electrical, instrument, piping, mechanical).
- The PC&C Manager coordinates with the Site Manager, Vendors Representatives and Client. Area PC&C Superintendents report to him/ her.
Within Project, the PC&C Manager is involved in the following tasks:
- Takes part in project planning & scheduling; Prepares and keeps up-to-date the commissioning and start up execution plan
- Supervises the preparation of the Commissioning, start up and handing over procedures
- Reviews the performance test procedure
- Reviews Vendors schedule and assignment, concerning the commissioning and start up activities
- Identifies the project requirements
- Supervises the preparation of the PC&C Engineering
- Takes part in the project review meetings to make sure that the commissioning requirements have been duly complied with
- Supports the HSE Manager for the aspect falling within his area of responsibilities and for the preparation of the general HSE plan
- Verifies the preparation of the HSE Plan and Procedure for commissioning, and start up test run
- Ensures the application of the HSE Manual for the activities falling within his sphere of responsibility
- Ensures the issue of work progress reports for the part he is responsible for. Reports on weekly basis to the home office.
- Ensures at site, the management of commissioning and start up activities, coordinating the activities carried out by Client/ Contractors, Suppliers, and third parties, availing with the assistance of Construction Manager, if deemed necessary
- Assists the Construction Manager in the phases of the completion of construction and commissioning
- Organizes and performs the Commissioning of the Facilities
- Defines commissioning System and hand over priorities
- Defines and reviews the commissioning spare parts & consumables
- Bachelor's Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering
Application Closing Date
- The successful candidate will be a graduate engineer or equivalent and will have at least a 10 year international experience in Oil & Gas/ Pipeline Projects commissioning.
- He will have already occupied a similar position within an international sized project.
25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.