MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Network Security Planning Engineer (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
- To plan and implement a highly effective and cost efficient, end-to-end network security framework within the MTNN voice and customer data networks.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to develop cost effective and value adding solutions on each project.
- Define, establish and document ip security guidelines, procedures and policies, and implement network security best practices
- Define firewall, access lists administration policies
- Develop test protocol for new applications to prevent compromising security
- Direct the development and enforcement of information security and privacy policies in compliance with MTNNN and telecommunication regulations and standards
- Help to establish and document it security guidelines, procedures and policies, and implement network security best practices
- Identify and document ip customer security requirements
- Assist in planning and designing of secure networks
- Establish network security schemes, naming conventions, and application security
- Assist in the planning and designing of routed wan and switched lan networks
- Providing redundant and load balance solutions
- Update network security diagrams and topologies.
- Design, installs, configures, manages, and maintains mission critical enterprise firewalls, IPS, VPN and other technical controls.
- Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed
- Implement network access control across different network segment on the IP/MPLs network
- Ensure security and preventative measures for unauthorized access.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new data/services working with marketing and ip system planning.
- Perform new node implementation and cut over.
- Provide emergency maintenance on IP/MPLs network with security skills high level trouble shooting.
- Achieve planned works completion rate.
- Enforce security policies, in-line with ciso mandate
- Research, recommend, and implement new security solutions, products and controls
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of enabling technologies
- Evaluate and trial new security-solutions and technologies before deployment
- Create technology inputs towards business cases and development plans, specifically related to network security technologies
- Project planning, management, control and reporting
- Assist in selecting suitable technology vendor in terms of technical compliance, in line with departmental rules and regulations and in collaboration with procurement
- Research on an ongoing basis new technology trends in order to map internal MTN customer’s needs to enabling technologies
- Develop policies for customer authentication
- Scrutinize customer design and determine impact on the MTN network in terms of security / assist customer in designing a secure solution for interaction between customer system and MTN network
- Resolve any internal/external stakeholders queries when need arises
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s vb and values.
Application Closing Date
- Standard MTNN Working Conditions
- Extended work Hours
- May Be Required To Travelat Short Notice
15th October, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online