AES Luxury Apartments - We are a four (4) star luxury apartments with five (5) star services; located in a serene environment in the city of Abuja–Nigeria. We are looking for an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Restaurant & Banquet Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- As the restaurant and banqueting manager, your responsibilities include maintaining the units’ revenue, profitability and quality goals.
- You will ensure efficient restaurant and banqueting operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- You are expected to lead by example and uplift the F&B staff all the time in order to ensure restaurants and functions run smoothly and guests have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports as required on revenues and expenses
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Plans menus by consulting with food & beverage manager, head chefs; estimates food costs and profits; review menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation and monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing safety plans.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Inspection of Meeting Room prior to guests’ arrival to ensure that guests specifications have been met.
- To supervise and co-ordinate daily operations of meeting/banquet set-ups and service to ensure it meets expected service standard.
- Control of Banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment.
- Completion of function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Help in preparation of forecast and actual function sheets.
- Completion of weekly schedules. Schedule staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service.
- Maintaining the Hotel Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour cost, and food cost etc.
- Supervision of Banquet Requisitions.
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services standard.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure all guests needs and requirements are met.
- Work with the kitchen team, Chef and supervisors to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Provide quick service for last minute changes.
- Ensure Food & Beverage schedule are adhere to.
- Dealing with customer complaints, staff attitude and appearance.
General and Other Duties:
Application Closing Date
- The above service standards identify key areas of responsibility for the position and are not all encompassing and may be subject to review from time to time
- The job incumbent may be required to perform duties or tasks in any area of the hotel as may be designated by the Management and Board of Directors from time to time
- You will be required at all times to render the highest level of courtesy and service to hotel guests even where such service may fall beyond the main scope of your responsibility.
21st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.