Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Industry: Oil & Gas
- This position is responsible for design, installation, commissioning, operation and Maintenance of electrical equipment/systems within the plant for optimum plant reliability.
- Maintenance and operation of all plant’s electrical systems.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment like Power distribution panels, Transformer, motor, soft starter, VFD, relays, lighting, lightning arrestor and earthing.
- Preparation of electrical operation and maintenance procedures.
- Provision of detailed technical analysis of electrical equipment in the plant.
- Preparation of Task list, maintenance schedule for SAP PM module development.
- Forecast and prepare budget for electrical related activities i.e. maintenance, shutdown and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for variance.
- Coordination with other departments for effective commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical and systems.
- Carrying out troubleshooting and condition monitoring on electrical systems to improve equipment reliability.
- Provide detailed technical support to field technicians to ensure overall plant reliability and availability.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of electrical engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability. Participate in equipment testing and trials.
- Verify, approve and follow-up all maintenance work orders and conduct post-work order verification.
- Participates in safety training, on job training, firefighting exercises and use of fire /safety equipment.
- Populate inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately. Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to electrical maintenance activities for his consolidation into SAP PM Plan.
- Conduct on-the-job calibration training for new calibration staff. Supervise and groom Junior Electrical Engineers to develop his technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs.
- Performing routine test of continuity, insulation, resistance and high potential on both LV and HV cables, motors, transformers, generators, bus bars etc. based on best industry standard.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in in electrical maintenance in oil and gas sector downstream or upstream.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online