MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
- The Manager, Capital Projects will be responsible for the management of all assigned capital projects, ensuring projects meet the agreed quality standards and are delivered on time, within budget and allocated resources.
- He/She will also manage vendors and partners involved in projects, ensuring all projects are executed in line with MainOne business objectives and strategic plan.
Other responsibilities include:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Monitor and administer relevant contracts and agreements for each project.
- Prepare reports and make presentations on all assigned projects as may be required from time to time.
- Measure the delivery of the Technical key performance indicators (KPIs) especially as it relates to the capital projects.
- Provide project management leadership and promote best practice in Project Management, ensuring assigned projects are delivered to agreed specifications, timelines and approved budget.
- Design Data Centre infrastructure components in line with applicable international standards and ensure detailed and accurate specification of components.
- Manage implementation of Data Centre projects or any other assigned Projects ensuring projects are delivered effectively and most efficiently.
- Analyse potential project risks as well as barriers and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely resolution or outright avoidance.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and detailed project management documentations, including milestones and responsibilities share on all assigned projects.
- Develop processes and work standards required for the implementation of projects, and monitor compliance to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all Capital Projects departmental processes, keeping custody of all Departmental Process documents.
- Guide the Technical team’s capital expenditure for the company in line with the strategic plan and report on the CAPEX spend on Capital projects, ensure consideration of financial and technical tradeoffs as well as compliance with all fiscal and regulatory parameters.
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including budget preparation and obtain necessary approvals for all capital projects.
- Monitor the budget for capital projects; oversee their financial effectiveness by exercising cost control measures, motivating for budget enhancements when required.
Demands of the Job
- First degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and a Master’s degree in any related Engineering or Project Management.
- PMP Certification is a requirement for this role.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience; six (6) years in leading and directing complex projects/programmes.
- Must be numerate with excellent Project Management and desktop research
- Excellent engineering design skills especially in Data Centre infrastructure design.
- Other skills such as planning and organization, budgeting, policy design and development, process improvement, negotiation, presentation and strategic planning are also required for this role.
Application Closing Date
- Critical and analytical thinking in creating design.
- Will be required to do presentation of assigned projects from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online