The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Prevention Services
FCT, Nasarawa and Rivers
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Supervisor: Program Manager, Prevention Services
Unit: Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Design structural interventions to prevent HIV among key populations, including those that address gender inequalities, stigma and discrimination and the legal rights and status of key populations, and economic barriers.
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of program activities in HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations, including integration of TB/HIV services for co-infected patients and other wrap-around services
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, technical reports and publications as they relate to HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations
- Develop new/review evidence-based clinical training materials, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of the program to meet the needs of funding organizations and the Government of Nigeria.
- Coordinate assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, demand creation, policy support, capacity-building and Monitoring& Evaluation across program sites as required by program activities and
- Participate in all Technical Consultative Group Meetings,
- Represent the organization in professional forums by participating and making presentations in relevant meetings and conferences and technical working groups
- Carry out any other duty assigned for the achievement of organizational goals and objectives
- Should possess at least a degree/HND in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences, Health Sciences or Community Health
- At least five (5) years’ experience applying community outreach / training community health workers and/or Community-Based Organizations in HIV interventions for key and vulnerable populations.
- Experience in building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inequalities, stigma, economic barriers, discrimination and the legal rights and status of key populations in Nigeria
- Excellent personal communication skills in written and verbal English,
- High impact influencing and persuasive skills, and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or Power Point applicable software related to position
Application Closing Date
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
17th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Assistant Director, Human Resources" through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Click Here for More Information
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.