Dijo Communications Limited is an award-winning branding and communications agency, set center stage in Lagos, Nigeria. We blend intelligent creativity with a sincere collaborative approach, consistently delivering powerful results for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- General Manager for the Creative Agency is responsible for leading the development and execution of a clear business strategy, embedded into the business to support the company’s strategic goals.
- He/She will be in charge of executing policies, procedures, framework and operational plan that set the direction. Expected to have an eye for design and a knack for inspiring others
- Be a business brand ambassador and take ownership to build robust and lasting professional partnerships through effective honest transactions, agreed procedural compliance and managing all customer expectations and delivery of all agreed actions to standard and on time.
- Invent new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messages. Understand design and smart copy, and recognize fresh approaches to advertising.
- Contribute to growing market share.
- Determines the creative vision of a brand or project and manifests that vision through digital, print and film installations.
- Maintain a cohesive look and feel of a project by ensuring the visuals, messaging and/or interactive and motion designs are on point.
- Supervise the creative team to create, plan and deliver a strategic vision for clients.
- Build an inspiring environment for the creative team to work in and overseeing their ideas and projects
- Take responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the agency or department
- Developing ideas for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Pitching concepts to clients
- Overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they are presented
- Liaising with clients to keep them informed and to highlight any issues
- Understanding the commercial aspects of the agency or marketing department
- Liaise with the HR department in hiring and managing the creative team.
- Establish budgets and timelines and manage client relationships.
- Communicate effectively
- Deliver innovative service solutions, best practice & best value.
- Manage the relationship with key clients
- Grow and expand the business with existing clients.
- Responsible for the delivery of service excellence thorough ownership, process and effective team management
- Oversee compliance of the company’s standard (‘how we do business ‘ and other internal manuals)
- Ensure all communication, whether internal or external, is delivered in a timely, professional and relevant manner.
What to Expect:
- You will be busy working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects. This high-pressure environment can be stressful at times.
- The role is office based but you will be expected to network and socialize regularly with clients and attend a range of industry events and exhibitions.
- The office environment is young, dynamic and increasingly multicultural. It's a work-hard, play-hard culture.
- Working at the cutting edge of new technology you will be expected to grasp changes in technical innovation across multiple platforms.
- Travel within a working week is common. Overnight absence from home may occasionally be required. Working for a larger agency may mean periods of international travel and will open up opportunities globally.
- You'll have the satisfaction of seeing what you and your team create in the marketplace e.g. on billboards or on television and other media.
As the General Manager of the creative agency, you'll need to show:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire the creative team to give their best
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches
- Plenty of creative ideas and an understanding of the clients' vision
- An awareness of current trends in advertising and design
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- An understanding of how creative roles complement other departments, such as finance and data management
- Knowledge of the software and applications involved in the creative process
- Skills in managing people, projects and resources.
Competitive within the Industry.
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.