Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Programmer
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium was recently awarded the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is seeking a Programmer for Data.FI Nigeria who will provide technical expertise for the development and implementation of HIV information systems toward a unified architecture.
- With support of the regional digital team, develop, test, and support the implementation of software products and solutions as articulated in the systems and functional requirements
- Integrate and deploy developed or packaged solutions in production environments or live service systems.
- Develop, test, debug, implement and maintain applications while ensuring they meet required health information systems standards
- Provide technical support including bug fixing, functional extensions and documentation for deployed solutions.
- Manage software development cycles including testing and quality assurance while ensuring that deliverables meet software requirements based on agreed timeframes and milestones.
- System administration
- Participate in capacity building of users and IP technical teams through formal trainings, bootcamps and mentorship
- Support the technical aspects of system audits
- Develop comprehensive technical documentation for application code
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field;
- 3 years’ experience in software development; DHIS 2 configuration and deployment skills will be an added advantage
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages and frameworks, including ASP.NET Bootstrap, jQuery, Java, SOAP (XML), REST (HTTP) and Python
- Experience programming with APIs and service-based architectures
- Experience with databases and their integration into web applications
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of architectural dependencies
- Ability to engage closely with system architects and regional development teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime
- Extensive experience in system and data migration for mission critical technologies
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online