Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance/Admin Officer
Department/Office: Finance and Administration/GREENCODE
Duration: 4 months with the possibility of Renewal
Start Date: As soon as possible
Key duties and responsibilities
- The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state and have the primary responsibility of successful financial and administrative management of all GREENCODE funded project accounts and budgets in the Northeast regional office in accordance with GREENCODE policies, donor requirement and global best practice.
- This position will supervise two other Finance/Admin staff. The Senior Finance/Admin Officer will report to the National coordinator.
- Take lead and oversee day-to-day program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts.
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices and entering into the accounting software.
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day small expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records.
- Ensure proper and complete financial record-keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBooks system.
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders.
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across projects in GREENCODE.
- Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to the National Coordinator; Provide updates to National Coordinator regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies.
- Take lead in preparing and presenting to the National Coordinator weekly, monthly quarterly, project mid-term, end-term and year-end financial reports as needed.
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and statutory laws; Ensure compliance with GREENCODE and donor financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the National Coordinator for final approval.
- Liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary.
- Prepare GREENCODE books for both internal and external auditors.
- Take lead to ensure GREENCODE’s internal control systems are strengthen and sustain.
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files for all staff.
- Oversee office maintenance and manage project property, infrastructure, and asset documentation
- Liaise with local legal counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervise the other Finance and Admin staff including drivers and security guards.
- Other duties or tasks as required.
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc. in Accounting/Finance, or Higher Diploma in Accounting with minimum of 3 years’ experience in Donor Fund Management from a recognized International NGO, Specialized Accounting/Finance Course. Applicant of other fields need not apply.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Finance/Accounting with an International NGO.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing accounts and procurement systems for a nonprofit organization with large volume of transactions.
- Familiarity with programmatic budget preparation and tracking; Multi-currency experience desirable
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
- Previous experience of managing and supervising staff.
- Nigerian national preferred.
16th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV/Resume to: [email protected]
In the subject line of the email please write, Senior Finance and Admin Officer.” Please indicate your availability and earliest start date in your email and/or cover letter.
Applicant without Accounting or Finance Degree and past experience of managing multi-projects Finances, NEED NOT APPLY.