United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Associate
Position Number: 10024167
Category: Information Management
Grade: GS - 6
Duration of Contract: One year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- The Information Management Associate assists in the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
- The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern.
- S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
- The Office delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely information.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregrate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
- Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or any related area.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online