The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Firm) to Establish the Integrated Conference Information Management System (ICIMS)
Source of Funding: ECOWAS Budget
Type: Expressions of Interest
- The ECOWAS Commission has embarked on a project to technologically modernize its Conference and Protocol Services. In so doing, the Commission has allocated resources for the establishment of an online integrated Conference Information Management System (ICIMS).
- Therefore, the ECOWAS Commission intends to hire the services of an experienced Information Systems / Technology Development company (not an individual) to develop the ICIMS for the ECOWAS Commission.
- The consultancy is for a period of 12 months and the selected Consultant will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, at the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters
- The ECOWAS Commission invites Consulting Firms specialized in Integrated Conference Information Management System (ICIMS) to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services.
The criteria for shortlisting Companies are as follows:
- Must possess verifiable experience, as a company, developing similar systems and must be able to demonstrate through presentation of concrete evidence, similar systems developed for national or international civil service organizations
- Must have dedicated and qualified personnel for this project. Dedicated personnel must at the minimum include: IT Project Manager, Systems Designer, Online Systems Developer and/or Database Engineer - with verifiable credentials;
- Must have experience developing web systems that integrate with SAP ERP system, Open Text's Live Link, Computer Assisted Translation System based on Trados, Microsoft SharePoint and other Microsoft Productivity Applications, as well as 3rd Party Events Management Systems such as “Event Brite”.
- System must be developed such that its management can be handled by non-technical personnel. For example, content updates should be as simple as filling text templates rather than coding.
- Demonstrate capacity to communicate; analyse; evaluate and produce reports in the three (3) ECOWAS Official Languages (English; French and Portuguese) as the ICIMS must be available in the three (3) official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. Users should be able to change their language settings
In addressing the above listed criteria, Companies/firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered and accepted only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided, covering excerpts of contract (inner cover page; page with the signatures and the Terms of Reference) along with attestation(s) of good performance of each contract presented.
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2019 by 11.00 a.m. (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their "Expressions of Interest (EOIs)" which must be delivered in sealed envelopes (1 signed Original and 3 Copies) in English, French or Portuguese and clearly marked "Selection of a Company/Firm to Establish the Integrated Conference Information Management System (ICIMS)", and in person or by registered mail to:
Directorate of General Administration,
First (1st) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Abuja - Nigeria.
- Interested Companies/firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.
- The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Procurement Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int
- The selection procedure will be based on Consultant (Firm) Qualification, and the firm ranked first (which present the best profiles with all claims dully substantiated) will be requested to submit its Technical & Financial Proposals
- Also, firms that are part of an international network are to submit only one expression of interest as a network.
- The attention of interested Companies/firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- Interested consulting firms can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below, during working days and hours of the ECOWAS Commission from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (Local Time – Nigeria): [email protected] with copy to [email protected] ; [email protected]
- Please note that in order to ensure a level playing field, electronic submissions are not accepted and will therefore not be considered.
- The working languages shall be English, French and Portuguese
- A pre bid Technical Meeting for the review and clarifications is scheduled for November 12, 2019 at 12 noon at the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters, Asokoro, Abuja.