The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking qualified candidate. This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager (Atiku Center)
Department: Atiku Center (SENSE project funded by USAID)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Two (2) Years
Summary of Position
- The Communications Manager will manage all project communications both electronic and print as well as be responsible for all press evens.
- S/he will be in charge of ensuring standards and adherence to USAID branding and marking plan. The position holder reports to the Chief of Party.
Description of Benefits
- BA in English, Mass communication or related field
- 5 years’ experience managing project communications
- Excellent writing skills (to be tested)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good oratory skills
- Experience developing success stories
- Experience as a press person
- Experience editor of print and-or electronic media
- Good editing skills
- Great ICT skills to be tested
- Teaching experience will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file to: [email protected]
in a MS Word document or PDF file. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.