Tros Technologies is a provider of a wide range of IT services and solutions in Nigeria. Through excellent technical capabilities, we deliver world class end-to-end technology-led business solutions to clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time)
- The IT Support Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining clients IT systems and for providing efficient network, server and system support to all business users.
- The IT Support Engineer is also responsible for resolving any IT related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the outsourced IT services offered to the company’s various clients.
- The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager.
- The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems plus general maintenance of all IT related hardware/software.
- The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Undertake small to medium sized Network installation projects
- Diagnose and resolve LAN Network, WiFi and other technical issues
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups
- Provide desktop and server support
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorized software on laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Faultfinding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones and PABX configuration
- Patching of network cables for servers, desktops/laptops and IP phones
- Making of Cat 5 e network cables were necessary
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for MAC and PC
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years experience in an IT support environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and extensive customer facing experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Proficient use of PC hardware and software (MS Office suite of applications).
- Proficient in the use of internet for communication and research.
20th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: [email protected]
Please indicate where you live in the subject line or body of your email message.