A reputable Business Membership Organisation (BMO) on the island seeks the services of competent professionals to the fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Communication & Programs
Duties & Responsibilities
- The manager would be responsible for the coordination of the organisation’s programs and promote the organisation’s public perception and reputation via the following communication pillars:
- Supporting the development and execution of strategic communication plans for different initiatives within the Firm including publication launches, corporate events and seminars, amplification of IoD Nigeria leadership participation in external events, media outreaches, press briefings and so on.
- Supporting the development of written communications such as news releases, media alerts, blogs, social media copy, etc.
- Media monitoring and reporting.
- Identifying of viable external representation opportunities for the Firm and engagement of relevant contact persons.
- Assisting in the creating and curating of content for print and digital platforms, editing and proofreading of Company material and content flow for internal and external channels.
- Participation in event planning and speech writing.
- Supporting communications and project management for IOD Nigeria’s initiatives.
- Supporting the development and execution of internal communication plans for initiatives aimed at driving improved employee engagement.
- Drafting and distribution of daily and ad hoc communications for different divisions and Firm Leaders.
Social Media Communication:
- Assisting with daily communications on the Firm’s corporate social media channels (primarily Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) and coordinating the editorial calendar with online activity.
- Working with the graphics team to develop relevant accompanying creatives. Assisting to drive improved social media presence for IOD Nigeria’s activities.
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University;
- Minimum of Second Class Upper
- A master's degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Required Experience: 8 years of relevant experience related to the Job, 5 of which must be in a managerial level.
Application Closing Date
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must possess a strong proficiency of the English language, including superior grammar, spelling, and organizational skills.
- Great Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a passion for and understanding of the use of social media.
- Understanding of the professional services industry is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
24th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.