Uraga Real Estate is the real estate business unit of the Honeywell Group. The Company invests and develops in all sectors of the real estate market in Nigeria and other select West African countries, to include Residential, Retail, Offices, Industrial/ distribution warehouses, other commercial properties and the hospitality sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the investment and asset management of the organisation to guarantee risk-adjusted returns for investors and stakeholders with a focus on long term investments in quality Real Estate.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- In collaboration with the Financial Controller, develop and manage the budget and schedule for the project. Track all spending and ensure project is completed within the budget and on schedule.
- Anticipate critical issues, potential problems, risks and present to the Management.
- Participate in the annual review of the Company’s business/strategic plan. Provide input and feedback as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of the annual operational plan, budget, targets and performance outcomes for UREL and her initiatives.
- Be conversant with changes/trends/new pronouncements in accounting and reporting standards and advice management as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop the overall Investment requirements and determine the appropriate investment strategies and structure for the company.
- Originate, analyze, and manage all Real Estate investment related transactions including the development financial appraisals, investment memorandums and all other relevant documentation
- Create financial models and analysis for the evaluation of potential new developments or investments opportunities and the evaluation of investment exit strategies
- Perform market research to determine/verify a project’s viability and to inform the assumptions used in models.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence alongside documentation due diligence (including review of contracts, preparation of budgets, gathering of consultants) for potential acquisitions.
- Identify sources of finance (debt, equity, and other alternatives), close on appropriate options and drive the management of investor relations.
- Review and recommend financing structures for the existing project portfolio and monitor the performance of the company’s projects from an investment perspective.
- Review of the performance of the entire investment portfolio and prepare the required management report in accordance to company policies.
- Identify acquisition opportunities and manage the people, programs, processes for the realization of same.
- Brief members of the Company’s Board of Directors and management on the proposed investment strategies, implementation of same and the overall performance of the company’s assets & investment portfolio.
- Read, analyze, and understand leases, term sheets, loan agreements, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, contracts, and other agreements
- Keep abreast of strategic real estate investment trends and opportunities.
- Develop investment policies and guiding principles and update same as required and ensure compliance to all policies and laws.
- Ensure effective training of all employees in investment activities, evaluate performance and resolve all challenges.
- A First Degree in any relevant discipline preferably Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Real Estate
- Master's Degree (a plus) with an emphasis on finance, economics, real estate or Business Administration
- Certified Financial Analyst (or CFA Level I assessment completed)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in financial modelling and analysis.
- Good grooming and professional outlook.
- Strong work ethic.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Good crisis/conflict management skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and take initiative.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Outgoing, business-like personality.
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Must be professional with a proactive approach to work.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Superior understanding of how to find, structure and close profitable real estate investments.
- Proven debt sourcing relationships.
- Demonstrated ability and track record in the development of financial appraisals for existing businesses.
- Superior understanding and proficiency of fixed income and equity investments.
- Knowledge of all type of real estate investments and multiple market knowledge.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- A proven track record of successful investment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
31st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.