Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and new-born health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its office in Jahun to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities for Jahun project according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Base Logisitics Manager of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Education: Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable.
- Experience: 2 years of previous experience in supply chain related jobs.
- Experience with NGO desirable.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, trustworthy service.
Application Closing Date
- Contract: Open ended
- Working Place: Jahun, Jigawa state,
- Working hours: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Worker will be requested according to project needs.
5:00pm; 28th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter, copies of qualifications with contact details to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject.
Submit in person to the "MSF Admin Office in Jahun ("Application Box" outside the front gate). (With Reference “Purchasing Officer”)"
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.