The Embassy of Italy in Abuja was established in 2003 in the new capital of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, following the transfer from the former capital, Lagos. The Embassy is located within the premises of the European Union Common Embassies Complex since May 2005.The Commercial Office and the Consular section (overseeing the FCT and the States of Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger e Plateau) are operational within the Embassy.
We seek to employ qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Officer
- The Italian Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ, on an indefinite term basis, one qualified candidate for the position of Commercial Officer to work in the Commercial Section of the Embassy.
The successful applicants must have the following:
General Requirements for Admission
- Excellent command of both the Italian and English language
- Strong computer proficiency
- Previous experience in commercial, banking or financial sectors would be appreciated
Only Candidate who will meet the following requirements will be admitted to the tests:
- Having reached the age of 18 at the date of this notice;
- Being in good health;
- Having the following qualifications: 2nd degree secondary education diploma or equivalent;
- Being a resident subject in Nigeria for the last 2 years;
- The above mentioned requirements must be owned at the end of the period provided in the next point 2 for the presentation of the job applications exception made for: - the 18th year of age.
In the admission application to the tests, candidates will declare under their own responsibility:
Application Closing Date
- Surname, name, date, place of birth and residence;
- Address where any communication must be sent;
- To be physically and mentally healthy;
- Citizenship or citizenships in their possession;
- How long they have lived in the country;
- Any criminal convictions including those inflicted abroad as well as pending criminal proceedings in Italy and abroad;
- The position regarding military obligations (for candidates subject to military service);
- Possession of the qualification at least equivalent to 2nd degree secondary education diploma or equivalent;
24:00 hours; 5th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form" below and submit their Applications electronically, signed, scanned and accompanied by a copy of a valid ID, at: [email protected]
Applications, signed and accompanied by a copy of a valid ID, can also be presented and- delivered by hand at the Embassy of Italy Chancery (the application will be registered with an arrival date stamp) sent by mail (DHL,UPS,EMS) to the Embassy of Italy at the below address:
Off Constitution Avenue,
Central Business District,
Click Here to Download Application Form (MS Word)
- Submission of duly filled and signed Application Forms can be done in the following manner:
- Hand delivered to the Embassy (the date and time on the acknowledged copy will suffice as a confirmation of receipt);
- Couriered to the Embassy (by DHL, UPS, EMS);
- Scanned and e-mailed to the Embassy (Attn. Selection Committee) at the address: [email protected]
Click here for more information
Candidates are advised to enclose their current Curriculum Vitae but this does not exempt them from filling in the application form in its entirety and indicating their professional experiences.