The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting ti fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor of Economics
- AUN is seeking a motivated Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Economics who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- S/he will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to contribute to the department’s
Application Closing Date
- The post-holder will possess a PhD in Economics from a reputable university, specializing in econometrics and be able to teach at least three of the following subjects: Mathematical Economics, Statistics & Probability, Game Theory, Environmental Economics, Labor Economics, Industrial Organization, and Money & Banking.
- The candidate should have experience teaching students how to conduct empirical research using statistical software packages such SPSS, Eviews, Stata, or SAS. Preference will be given to candidate who can demonstrate excellence as classroom instructors and as supervisors of student research projects.
- Candidates should possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with career stage. International experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must have a strong command of spoken and written English.
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to "Dr. Wasiq Khan, Chair of the Economics Department" at the American University of Nigeria via: [email protected]
using the Job title" as the subject of the email.