Deloitte Nigeria - Our client, a not for profit project with the objective to support women's improved livelihood opportunities in targeted communities of Nigeria is seeking to fill strategic position below:
Job Title: Local Government Coordinator
Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Local Government Coordinators would ensure the management, operational, financial, procurement, monitoring and evaluation responsibilities of the Project are carried out consistently with project implementation plan.
- The Local Government Coordinators will work under the supervision and guidance of the States Project Coordinators.
- The LGA Project Coordinators will provide leadership for project implementation at the LGA levels, supported by a multi- disciplinary team of staff and technical consultants who will work exclusively for the project at the LGA.
- Coordinate the Wards project’s activities in conformity with the Financing Agreement of FGN and Donor Organisation and as stipulated in the Project Appraisal Document;
- Undertake/delegate field visits, and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate Project implementation; and identify problems and propose remedial action/alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve Project delivery at the Ward level;
- Participate in the development of the Annual State Work Plan for the Project and monitor compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met and achieved
- Coordinate the Formation of the LGA Technical Committee
- Liaise with other relevant Programmes and Technical Departments in the Public Sector and Privates Sector to ensure synergy
- Facilitate and manage capacity building relevant government departments at the LGA and wards levels
- Ensure that the use of equipment and supplies procured is strictly for purposes of the Project
- Establish and enhance systems of internal control to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Government of Nigeria and the donor organisation
- Ensure the proper monitoring of all imprest accounts record
- Facilitate the Project’s events at the LGA/Ward levels
- Review and evaluate the Project’s staff performance at the LGA/Wards levels and submit to SPCU
- Serve as focal point for communication with the SPCU project team
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the State Project Coordinator.
Application Closing Date
- A university degree or equivalent in Management, Economics, Finance, Accounts, Engineering or any relevant field.
- An advanced degree or professional qualifications in the relevant fields will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years firsthand experience in Bank-funded projects. Proven track record and extensive experience in this regard would be an added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in coordinating/implementing multi-component, multi-level Project
- Experience working with various government agencies and/or donor agencies, of which 5 years should be at senior/top management with project management background
- Established leadership and project management skills
- Good communication written and oral skills.
- Ability to provide high level advise on finance/accounts and procurement matters
- Knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience with the World Bank operational procedures and guidelines relating to project management, procurement and disbursement
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective, pleasant and trusting working relationships with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Possess strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, supportive team player, with a passion for results, enthusiasm for mentoring, and a commitment to learning and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work long hours and inspire others with his/her hard work
- Proficiency in computer applications, particularly, MS Word, MS Excel and Lotus Notes is essential
12th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For State Level applications, applicants should specify their state of interest.