An apex professional Business Membership Organization (BMO) in Nigeria with a mandate to lead advocacy in enhancing corporate governance standards and support directors to fulfill their leadership responsibilities in creating value for the benefit of stakeholders, society and the nation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Training & Capacity Development
Reports Directly to: Director, Training & Capacity Development
Directly Supervises:Training Officers & Asst. Managers
- To provide strong support to the Directorate of Training and Capacity Development through technically sound services that cut across the spectrum of the training value chain, particularly marketing of training products in a professional manner that gets results and sets the organisation above competition in fulfilling its mandate on a sustainable basis
- To manage human and material resources in the department effectively and efficiently, to fulfil both organisational and individual potentials.
- To assist the Director of Training & Capacity Development in general management of assignments, projects, as well as supervision of human and material resources in the Department
- To manage the Marketing & Business Development Unit of the Department profitably, actualising the key deliverables within timelines
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Market all the Institute’s training and capacity development offerings to generate leads and convert leads to businesses
- Develop new products or programmes that lead to marketable businesses in the private and public sectors of the economy
- Market and winin-plant or in-boardroom assignments for the Department
- Market members and non-members for the Department’s open and international programmes
- Manage assignments earned from the Federal and State Governments’ parastatals, ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs)
- Manage and report on collaborative/partnership programmes of the Department with a view to ensure that they are productive in the interest of the Institute
- Engage all training partners of the Institute to ensure smooth communication flow
- Generate new partnerships with organisations or institutions within and outside the country whose delivery will add value to training activities in the Institute.
- Interface with the Branch Offices to ensure improved and seamless conduct of training programmes in their domains
- Manage the training department database with a view of making it viable, usable and ever up-to-date.
- First Degree or its equivalent in Social, Business, or related fields
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification, certification and membership of, at least, one professional body e.g. CIPM, NIM etc.
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience, with not less than 2 years as an Assistant or Deputy manager in training functions
- Experience in BMOs or in similar organisations is an added advantage
- An evidential marketing experience will be an added advantage
Required Functional Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Strong Marketing and Business Development Skills
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong Training Design & Administration Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.