Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist- Unified Communications
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Snr. Manager Product Portfolio
- Working within the Product development team, you will manage products through its life cycle including the development, launch and management of the products, marketing plans, business plans, channel interaction and information sharing regarding the products
- You will develop Unified Communications products and services including Hosted Contact Centers, on site IP PBX and Hosted IP PBX’s, VoIP, Video Conferencing and Fixed and Mobile converged services.
- The Product Specialist- Unified Communications will work closely with the Sales, Solution Architecture, Project Management, and members of other teams as required from time to time.
- You will build trust, value others, communicate effectively and politely with mutual respect, maintain relationships that meet company core value.
What’s important to us?
- Follow defined product methodology in terms of taking product to market.
- Analyse products through the various stages in the product life cycle.
- Conduct required market research if and when required to accurately capture customer / business needs and views.
- Define new products to be developed that will meet specific identified customer needs.
- Work with various parts of the business to develop and launch new products or services.
- Understand the target market and ensure the marketing effort is directed towards identified segments in the most effective manner, including providing strategic product direction based on market trends, customer needs and market opportunities
- Work with Marketing to develop collaterals, promotions and advertising campaigns for products.
- Gather intelligence on the product performance, customer and distribution channel attitudes.
- Identify problems and opportunities within the market.
- Liaise with various departments and external vendors in order to ensure that the product meets overall objectives.
- Where required, management of product contracts and agreements both internal and external to Vodacom (includes vendors and business partners)
- Prepare product presentations and information / training material on the product.
- Compile monthly product management reports analysing the growth and decline of the product.
Our Qualification Requirements
- We are looking for individuals with exceptionally strong knowledge of Unified Communications product and services; Hosted and on site IP PBX’s, Hosted Call Centres, VoIP telephony, Video services, Fixed and Mobile Converged products and services, Knowledge of Fixed and Broadband Access & IP Products and Services and basic networks Layer 2 and 3 products..
- Also, we require you to have experience in Financial Performance Management, Accounting practices, Commercial, Business and Product Management experience.
You must have a degree preferably in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in in Telecommunications or ICT environment.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job. Thank you.