Neem Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North-East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Researcher
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Researcher for the - Policy, Education and Research department is responsible for conducting detailed research, writing, and correspondence for Neem Foundation.
- S/he will monitor and respond to developments under related assigned portfolios, and develops expertise in those areas. Reports to the Programme Manager- Policy, Education and Research.
- The position requires close coordination and work with other Researchers, Communications staff, and Management.
- S/he should possess strong research, analytical, and writing skills; is highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented; can work with a team and under significant time pressure.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Take responsibility for the sourcing, assimilation and presentation of key information through desk research on the different department projects;
- Provide support to the department and external consultants in all aspects of the role, specifically as it relates to project administration;
- Prepare reports, including statistical analysis of research information for projects;
- Deliver high quality work in conjunction with all departments where required and in line with agreed personal targets in order to adhere to donors/funders deadlines;
- Undertake training, where required, in the use of software systems, i.e. SPSS, NVIVO and contribute to the preparation of documents using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- To provide support to Knowledge Management consultant to broaden the reach of project (s) impact and improve its sustainability;
- Support activities to facilitate replication of interventions (Demonstrate ‘value for money’);
- Liaise with all departments to provide summary reports and stories that feed into the quarterly impact reports, newsletters etc.
- Must have a PhD (Key Requirement);
- University degree in a field related to International Relations, Politics, International Development or a Social-Science related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies);
- Knowledge in new/emerging trends in International Development;
- Experience in handling research and education-related issues;
- Experience in documenting policies as it relates to NGO Projects.
Application Closing Date
- Integrity, Accountability and Commitment;
- Excellence, Diversity and Respect;
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically;
- Able to take initiative in mobilizing and facilitating activities;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills (Planning & Organizing);
- Strong inter-personal skills.
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.