United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Nigeria
, the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development is recruiting personnel for the following position in its Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria.
Post Title: Personal Assistant to the UNFPA Resident Representative
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment (FTA)
Post level: ICS 06
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the UNFPA Resident Representative, the Personal Assistant ensures the effective functioning of the Representative office. S/he works closely with Programme, Administrative and Finance staff, performing administrative duties, managing confidential files and coordinating briefing materials and arranging the agenda of the Representative.
The Personnel Assistant to the Resident Representative will:
Impact of Results
- Arranges appointments and maintains the RR’s Agenda, receives high ranking visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
- Receives screens and route correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains a follow-up system with Units as requested.
- Assists in the dissemination of information, acting as contact point with other Agencies.
- Drafts routine correspondence some of a highly confidential nature, on a variety of subjects, ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct for signature of the Resident Representative.
- Arranges meetings with high-ranking officials and organizes the logistics of official receptions given by the Head of Office.
- Maintains a database of addresses, phone and fax numbers of Government Officials, NGOs and the Diplomatic Corps.
- Prepares briefing materials for use at meetings and official missions or special trips.
- Receives screens and routes correspondences, attaches necessary background information and maintain follow-up.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, liaises with the Travel and Finance Units.
- Proof reads and clears correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by the Representative.
- Prepare travel/Semi Travel plans for the Representative and the CO. and forward to ARO
- Close and send diplomatic pouch
- Prepare note verbales/letter announcing the Representative’s mission outside and return to the duty station to UN Agencies, Diplomatic offices and Embassies
- Organize weekly SMT meetings and other meetings for the Representative
- Participate in Meetings as directed by the Representative
- Prepare Rep's daily itinerary and collate CO and zonal offices weekly planner
- Disseminate circulars and information flow to the POs and the zonal offices as and when necessary
- Prepare monthly calendar to RC's office indicating availability of Rep. in duty station for RC ai.
- Raise requisitions for the CO as and when necessary
- Act liaison role between the units in the office and the zonal offices
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Rep from time to time.
- Support the achievement of key results to assure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the office of the Representative in the following areas:
- Programme Management
- Operational Management and
- Management of the office of the Representative
- Business Acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
Qualification and Experience
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate
- Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning
- Valuing diversity
- Working in teams
- Conflict and self management
- Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
The ideal candidate should
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Be a Nigerian national (Male or Female).
- Possess University degree or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Administration or in other related field preferred.
- Possess a minimum of 6 - 8 years or more of related work experience preferably in public or private sector organization
- Have an excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with colleagues and other bilateral partners
- Have the ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary
- Be excellence minded and have the ability to work in team
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV), attached as one file in MS WORD format only.
Applications should be addressed to The UNFPA Resident Representative, Abuja and forwarded to e-mail addresses: [email protected]
latest by 09 March, 2011
and clearly marked “Personal Assistant to the Rep - ICS 06
Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest. Kindly also note that ONLY applications sent by e-mail will be accepted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
UNFPA – Because everyone counts.