Ascentech Services Limited - Our client, a leader in the Cell Phone & Devices Accessories and Repair industry is currently looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cell Phone Repair Technician
- We are looking for candidate who will be responsible for fixing both software and hardware issues of mobile and other electronic devices.
- S/he will be required to work collaboratively with other team members, from out of the retail stores/service centres of the company, scattered across the different locations in the country.
- This position requires experience repairing and diagnosing damaged cell phones.
- Apple, Android and Windows software experience is desired.
- The right candidate will display an ability to work in an ever changing environment brought on by the rapidly changing and exciting cell phone industry.
Education / Experience / Qualifications / General Requirements
- Disassembles devices, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Conducts diagnosis of faulty phones, PCs and other electronic devices
- Repairs cell phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Reassembles cell phones after making repairs or replacing parts
- Learns and uses new processes and procedures
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment problems by fixing phones, tablets and other consumer electronics by determining the most effective repair method.
- Engage with and reassure customers to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Listen carefully to the customer's description of the phone's problem.
- Run a few basic tests and carefully assess the device's functionality before opening it up.
- Replace components such as antenna, battery, LCD screens, keypads, buttons, camera, etc., where necessary.
- Perform various tests upon repair to verify functionality, and document results of repairs
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives including service and repair metrics.
- Perform various inventory tasks such as counting and monitoring inventory levels.
- NABTEB/NCE/ND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position. Candidates with experience as a Cell Phone/Devices Repair Technician, and with vocational certifications in mobile technologies will have an advantage.
- Experience repairing devices and/or computers preferred
- Experience with flashing ROMs on phones preferred
- Cell phone technicians will be required and should be available to work during weekends.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of software such as Android, iOS, and Java are a must for jobs which require software troubleshooting.
- Hand-on experience and know-how on the use of solders and precision tools, including mobile/devices phone components.
- Hand-on experience and requisite knowledge of RF (radio frequency) technologies, 3G/4G protocols and a good understanding of GSM, CDMA, EDGE, and HSPA+ standards.
Application Closing Date
- Good communication skills
- Strong reading abilities.
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to multitask
- Attention to detail.
8th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
stating the "Job title" in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.