A regulatory agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria wishes to strengthen its workforce for advocacy, standard setting, monitoring and enforcement of compliance with standards in financial reporting and corporate governance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Board Secretary and General Counsel
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Agency wishes to employ a lawyer as Board Secretary and General Counsel. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Secretary/CEO of the Agency as well as the Board on matters relating to the Board.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, take minutes, draft resolutions and follow upon action points
- Ensure policies are kept up to date and approved by the Board
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise Board members of the legal and governance implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external consultants and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Provide legal advice and all other duties of the general counsel for the Agency.
Candidates for the above position should have:
Application Closing Date
- A first degree in Law with a minimum of second upper class honours; and
- A minimum of (7) years’ experience and at least ( 5) years’ experience in the general counsel and / or company secretary role
- Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) or other similar bodies will be an added advantage.
Friday; 15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a written Application and your Resume via email to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.