AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Safety Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Engineering (Technical Services)
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager/Lead Technical Safety Engineer
- To produce and ensure the quality project Technical Safety Engineering deliverables as well as provide sound technical safety/Loss Prevention advice to project teams ensuring cost effective solutions and strategies.
- Being accountable for the quality of Technical Safety deliverables
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and startup
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Manage Technical Safety discipline team
- Ensure that all project Health, Safety and Environmental policies are complied with
- Ensure that design meets all Technical Safety requirements and maintains risks to as low as reasonably practicable
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Good knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
- Good awareness of international codes and standards
- Good knowledge of design deliverables associated with loss prevention scopes
- Experience of coordinating HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies
- Experience of directing Management of Change (MOC) reviews
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling as required
- Able to interrogate & review and perform Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) as required
- Provide planning, CTR and schedule data as required
- Direct and supervise a team of relevant discipline engineers
- Responsible for providing expertise and ensures the application of correct standards in all FEED / EPC deliverables in the design and development of projects associated with Oil and Gas processing, production and export
- Fully understands the COMPANY HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility
- Ensures that work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
Educational Qualification required for the Position:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) in relevant Engineering discipline such as Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety Engineering, e.t.c
Professional Qualification required for the Position:
- Preferably a COREN Registered Engineer.
Experience required for the Position:
- 7+ years experience in technical safety/loss prevention engineering (onshore & offshore) within the Oil and Gas EPC (or related) environment.
Key Skills and Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints with no supervision
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to prioritize and organize work as well.
14th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.