Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year (2017-2022), USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provider Behaviour Change Officer - Malaria
- The Provider Behaviour Change Officer will work with the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and the Senior Program Officer, Malaria to serve as the technical point person for state level implementation of the provider behavior change intervention in malaria case management among healthcare providers in Nasarawa State.
- Work closely with the State Ministry of Health and the State Malaria Elimination Program to support the pilot of fever case management intervention designs to drive provider adherence to National Guidelines on Diagnosis and Treatment of Malaria and Malaria in Pregnancy
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners in the state to support fever case management intervention for providers
- With the support of the Senior Program Officer, Malaria and Provider Behaviour Change, drive the implementation of provider behavior change interventions in the state
- Support collection and management of data on all activities in collaboration with the state M&E Officer.
- Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports.
- Develop activity work plans, budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Work closely with the State Coordinator, Nasarawa State to ensure integration of all activities into state work plans
- Other duties as assigned by the Malaria team and the Deputy Project Director, Malaria
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) preferred.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Public Health, etc.)
- Experience in any of the health-related areas, with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with service delivery, provider behaviour change, and/or social and behavior change activities.
- Programme management highly desirable, with demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred
Application Closing Date
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
14th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills.(Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title along with the job location. E.g. “Provider Behaviour Change Officer - Malaria, Nasarawa”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.