Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automotive Workshop Supervisor
Reports to: The Executive Director
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced and reconditioned in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously
- The incumbent must have held a supervisory role; and with relevant experience in motor vehicle service/mainstream motor dealer.
- Total responsibility for Mechanical and Body shop detailing and quality delivery
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage the Workshop.
- To act as a technical expert in the workshop advising staff on the tasks that needs to be accomplished.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards & that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure operational safety and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- To Control Workshop tools & accessories inventories as well as keeping up to date with new technology.
- Delegate daily duties and supervise all work being carried out by the workshop staff.
- Control workshop tools and accessories inventory as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company. Detail oriented and capable of delivering high quality outputs
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning, and draw valid conclusions
- Identify skills gap and advise the management on areas to train the staff to improve technical knowledge and job performance of workshop staff.
- To ensure workshop staff wear protective clothing (PPEs) at all times while in the workshop floor including all non-workshop/technical staff.
- Organize all customer rescue missions ensuring all resources and authorization required is acquired within the shortest time possible.
- Ensure properly documented job cards with clear instructions are opened for every repair/service/rescue job to be undertaken by the workshop staff and that all required information on each job card is properly maintained.
- To ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test before delivery to customer.
- To act as a technical expert in the Workshop, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge, for example through regular toolbox talks.
- To in-still and maintain a strong health and safety culture amongst the Workshop team with a good understanding of risk assessments.
- To ensure that the workshop housekeeping and operating practices are of a high standard and that special tools and equipment are well maintained.
- Generate ad-hoc reports as required by the management.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal customers.
- Establishing efficient processes and structures in order to optimize the usage of available resources and to ensure quality in the deliverables
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) / Grade Test 1. Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in motor vehicle service/mainstream motor dealer
- Must have previously held a supervisory role.
Key Skills and Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Person Specification
- The ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a strong business acumen and passion for after sales services.
- He or she should combine expertise in workshop management with exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism and patience necessary to manage ambiguities involved with an early-stage venture in a developing country. Most of all, they should demonstrate integrity and accountability..
25th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.