The Katsina State Government has applied for credit from International Development Association (IDA) arm of the World Bank towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) AF. The Objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in rural communities) in the state to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities.
The Katsina State Agency for Community and Social Development Project now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the Public and Private sector for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer - Supervisor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of operations officers.
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of operations officers for field level activities.
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g. Construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, Erosion control bands, Feeder road construction etc.
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency (ies) ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure,
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the managers Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as maybe requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion,
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duty(ies) assigned by the Manager Operations.
Application Closing Date
- At least a Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences with at least, five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies each of their Applications and CV to:
Katsina State Agency for Community & Social Development Project,
KM3 Tafawa Balewa Way, (Dustin-ma Road) Katsina,