The Katsina State Government has applied for credit from International Development Association (IDA) arm of the World Bank towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) AF. The Objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in rural communities) in the state to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities.
The Katsina State Agency for Community and Social Development Project now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the Public and Private sector for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer - Procurement
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training;
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services;
- Serve as Secretary of all evaluation and selection of consultants and suppliers within agreed processes;
- Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality/quantity/time) are in line with contract provisions;
- Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting contractors;
- Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers
- Provide assistance to financial officers on contractual disbursement;
- Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as part of financial monitoring report;
- Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services;
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a Project Cost Document and provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA;
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled;
- Provide training to the communities on community contracting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Application Closing Date
- At least a first Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded Agency or State Government due process Office.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies each of their Applications and CV to:
Katsina State Agency for Community & Social Development Project,
KM3 Tafawa Balewa Way, (Dustin-ma Road) Katsina,