The Katsina State Government has applied for credit from International Development Association (IDA) arm of the World Bank towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) AF. The Objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in rural communities) in the state to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities.
The Katsina State Agency for Community and Social Development Project now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the Public and Private sector for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Slot: 2 Openings
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Sensitise and mobilise Communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS
- Facilitate Communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritisation that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable.
- Facilitate Communities in the formulation of CDP in line with (second bullet) above
- Build capacity of the CPMCs and LGRC desk officer, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, Mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc. as identified by the project officer- IEC and training.
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance.
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts of the CPMCs.
- Collect, collate and forward to the M & E Department, information/data on micro- project activities in Communities.
- Submission of monthly, Quarterly and annual Departmental reports to M & E Department on schedule, through the manager, operations.
- Set monthly and Quarterly performance targets based on the work plan.
- Submit regular reports to the project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the project officer, supervision.
Application Closing Date
- A first Degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field With at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer Literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of this recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the Civil Service.
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies each of their Applications and CV to:
Katsina State Agency for Community & Social Development Project,
KM3 Tafawa Balewa Way, (Dustin-ma Road) Katsina,