Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Officer
Job Ref Code: FFR11119
Reports To: Head of Administration
Specific Job Responsibilities
- The position of the Facilities Officer is responsible for ensuring that office facilities, guesthouse facilities and housing for international staff are well maintained, cleaned and comfortable to live and work in.
- This position is specifically responsible for carrying out the activities related to office facility.
- The Facility Officer will conduct all tasks related to the management of the contract for occupancy and utilities like electricity, generators, cleaning, for the office, guesthouse, housing for international staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Responsible for ensuring that all spaces are in good conditions, cleaned and respecting the basic security standards used by CRS such as parking lots, garages, driveways and supplies storage areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that all facility equipment rented by CRS are used in compliance with the agreement between the owner and CRS, in compliance with CRS’s security and safety standards;
- Responsible for ensuring that all generators (office, guesthouse and residences) are well installed, are in good conditions and have enough diesel for running, appropriate for the charge of each house and maintained on regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that Office, guesthouse and residences have all minimum required material for the emergency such as emergency signs indicators, maintained extinguishers, smoke detectors, alert, etc.
- Managing relations with the Agencies providing electricity, water, natural gas, air-conditioning maintenance service, generator maintenance service. Assessing the quality services and sharing analysis with the Head of Administration. Ensure that all related bills are paid on time and that all related contracts are renewed on time.
- Responsible for ensuring that the telephone provider company relations with CRS is covered by a valid contract, initiate the negotiations for better conditions and that all periodical bills are paid on time.
- Responsible for ensuring that the monthly telephone provision plan is approved and provided in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all furniture and non-IT equipment used by CRS are in good condition, organizing repair and maintenance and building the furniture and non-IT equipment replacement plan in collaboration with the SCM team specifically the Inventory & Store management Officer.
- Managing the relations with the Security service company for the office, guest house and residences. This work is done in collaboration with the Security Manager. Ensure that the market is assessed at least once every two years to ensure competitiveness. The Supply Chain team will be involved in assessing the market and in the choice of the Security Company.
Education and Experience
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Law, Economics, Administration or Management.
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Minimum of three years' relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an International Organization
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
14th November, 2019; (Time: COB - 5:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Doc)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’