Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Technical Advisor - HIV Care and Support
Job Ref Code: MTA11119
Reports To: MEAL Director
Required Skills & Qualifications
- The Technical Advisor MEAL (HIV Care and Treatment) will provide MEAL technical coordination and support for FASTER Nigeria HIV Care and treat priority areas
- S/he will coordinate MEAL system strengthening strategies for effective coordination of the HIV response at national and sub-national level
- The MEAL TA will support the national and sub-national HIV coordination structures in the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
- Specifically, the TA MEAL (HIV Care and Treatment) will provide technical support for the effective functioning of the National Data Repository (NDR) of the Federal Ministry of Health while also strengthening strategies to promote data management and data demand and use.
Application Closing Date
- MBBS/MD and/or MPH with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in providing MEAL support to PEPFAR funded HIV Care and Treatment Programs.
- At least 7 years of practical experience in using monitoring, evaluation and learning activities to inform activity implementation and results.
- Strong background in PEPFAR program implementation; experience in supervising and providing MEAL technical assistance for PEPFAR HIV, OVC and Adolescent programs.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Good knowledge of National HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric & Adult) and experience working with the Ministry of Health and other relevant entities.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Experience with implementation sciences and familiarity with the use of a wide range of statistical packages is a plus
- Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
14th November, 2019; (Time: COB - 5:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Doc)
Equal Employer Opportunity
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Statement of Commitment to Protection
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’