Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist - Pediatric HIV Care & Treatment
Job Ref Code: SPT11119
Reports to: Zonal Coordinator
- FASTER (Faith-based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response) project is designed as a new component of the global FOCUS (Faith-based Organization Capacity Strengthening for Universal HIV Services) project.
- Funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), FOCUS was developed with the intent of building PEPFAR Implementing partners and FBO network capacity, assisting FBOs to contribute to HIV multi-sector planning for expanded service delivery, and documenting successful approaches. Led by CRS, FOCUS builds understanding of how to leverage the faith-based community’s contributions at sub-national and national levels, reinforcing mutual responsibility and country-driven leadership.
- FASTER takes FOCUS’ objectives to the next level by creating an enabling environment in Nigeria where government, civil society, the private sector, and FBOs can accelerate normative pediatric and adolescents’ HIV case finding,testing, linkage to care and treatment, and adherence support by strengthening and streamlining joint coordination and provision of pediatric HIV service delivery.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- The Senior Technical Specialist - HIV Care & Treatment will provide technical coordination and for quality assurance for the FASTER Nigeria pediatric and adolescents HIV Care and Treatment strategies and ensure that FASTER adheres to national and international evidence based technical assistance strategies for Pediatric HIV Careand Treatment Programs.
- The Senior Technical Specialist –HIV Care & Treatment will facilitate technical collaboration between FASTER project HIV Care and Treatment team and HIV technical teams of Government coordinating structures and PEPFAR HIV Care and Treatment Implementing partners.
- S/he will oversee the Pediatric and adolescents’ HIV technical strategies of FASTER along the priority actions providing technical leadership and trainings for implementing and monitoring project deliverables and outcomes and ensure project outputs are provided as per the agreed work plan.
Program Quality and Technical Coordination:
Qualifications and Skills
- Project focal point for strategies towards strengthening State Coordination platforms for effective pediatric and adolescents’ HIV service delivery to improve Pediatric case identification, bridge Pediatric enrollment gaps and increase number of CLHIV on treatment.
- Support State government and PERFARs efforts to scale up the use of optimal ARV regimens inchildren and adolescents
- Strengthen active collaboration with OVC partners including their involvement in case finding efforts using HIV risk screening tools and linkage to HTS
- Support Implementing partners to conduct pediatric and adolescent ART-specific supportive supervision, mentorship or coaching visits to closely monitor implementation, optimization and transition of eligible children and adolescents to TLD.
- Strengthen/Establish system to support MMD & MSD for children and adolescents on ART
- Support the training and capacity building of HCWs and Caregivers on age-appropriate HIV status disclosure among children and adolescents living with HIV Support the training/capacity building of HCWs on how to deliver Enhanced Adherence Counselling (EAC) to children and adolescents with unsuppressed VL
- Support the development of SOPs, job aids and guidelines on pediatric and adolescents ART for government and faith-based institutions
- Champion strategies to strengthen inter/intra-facility linkages towards improved health systems for pediatric ART with focus on service delivery, optimize health workforce (including guidelines/ SOPs on task shifting), procurement/supply chain management of essential medicines and health
- Support innovative approach to creatingdemand for increased uptake of Pediatric and adolescent HIV services
- Provide oversight to ensure the achievement of FASTER project Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment objectives in the various implementing states within the catchment zone.
- Support capacity building of HIV service providers to support adolescent friendly services and generate trust.
- Support the development of effective strategies for linkage to care and treatment of children living with HIV.
- Support the development and rapid evaluation of better screening tools to strategically identify children and adolescents in need of HIV testing.
- Support the roll –out of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) models to improve ART uptake and treatment retention amongst children and adolescents in Faith –based and Non –Faith based settings.
- Support the scale-up of OTZ initiatives across Comprehensive Care and Treatment (CCT) sites within the catchment zone.Representation and Learning:
- In consultation with the Technical Advisor HIV Care and Treatment, represent the FASTER Project on relevant state level technical forums and government engagement as required. Ensure necessary technical assistance and training is provided to partners to develop capacity to implement HIV/AIDS support activities as per the project requirement.
- Provide high level technical support for program innovation and learning; foster regular discussions with key stakeholders as appropriate; to facilitate cross sector learning on Pediatric HIV, OVC and adolescent programs.
- Support the FASTER project to develop success stories and innovative that work in Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment.
Application Closing Date
- A primary medical qualification (MBBS) plus a Master's Degree in Public Health or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programming
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project management positions with progressive technical and management responsibilities.
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded comprehensiveHIV and OVC projects.
- Strong background in program implementation; experience in supervising and providing technical assistance for roll-out of evidence-based HIV and OVC programming strategies.
- Familiarity with the National HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric & Adult) and experience working with the Ministry of Health and other relevant entities.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
14th November, 2019; (Time: COB - 5:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’