Federal University, Wukari is one of the Nine Universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 as part of its commitment to providing greater access to quality higher education as well as equitable distribution of higher education Institutions. It is a dynamic institution located in a serene environment and gradually developing to be a sought-after global institution. All its academic programmes are fully accredited.
The Governing Council of the University is pleased to announce that the positions of Bursar will soon fall vacant in Federal University Wukari and therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
: Wukari, Taraba
Qualifications and Experience
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University that is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative and control of financial affairs of the University
- The Bursar shall advise the Vice-Chancellor on finance-related matters, co-ordinate the activities of the Bursary Department in line with the Financial Regulations and Global Best Practice.
- The duties shall include monitoring monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets and insuring that they are reconciled, monitoring treasury activities including cash flow projections and forecasts for prudence and accountability, negotiating with financial and government institutions with regard to financial matters
- The candidates must fully understand the complexity of a University system
- In addition, the candidate should demonstrate sufficient knowledge of responsibilities of the Bursar which includes among other things
- Control and management of funds, investment and loans
- Formulation and implementation of financial policies
- Production of accounting manuals and financial procedures
- Interpretation and application of accounting regulations
- Preparation of annual estimates
- Identifying training needs for manpower development
- Candidates must possess a good Honours Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) in Accounting from a recognised University
- Post-qualification cognate administrative and professional experience as Deputy Bursar with vast experience in Bursary activities in a reputable Nigerian Federal University
- The candidate should have and show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should possess NYSC Discharge/Exclusion Certificate or Evidence of Exemption
- Candidate must possess Full Membership of recognized professional bodies i.e. ICAN, ANAN, CA, CPA, ACCA
In addition, the candidate should:
- Exhibit the ability of a team leader, who leads by example and has clear mentorship skills and plans and must not be more than sixty years of age on assumption of duty
- The successful candidate should also be able to sustain and improve on the University Bursary and establish linkages
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate colleagues, a person with clear vision for the development of the University and must be ready to implement the vision of the University
- Be focused, innovative, commendable in both character and quality of service
- Exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable Integrity and transparency on matters of financial resource management with an outstanding experience management level
- Have a sound background in the application of ICT in financial and administrative management.
- Candidates should provide a succinct vision statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate shall be for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Application Closing Date
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post in other Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Universities Governing Council as appropriate.
16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application with thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (which should highlight the following in the order indicated below) along with the vision statement for the position:
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters and underlined)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin and LGA
- E-mail and contact Telephone Number(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates i.e Degree(s) (including Dates/Class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous Employments(s) Position(s) Date(s)
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Statement of general and specific working experience with dates
- Present employment, status, salary (Detail with work schedule)
- Conferences attended with dates
- Workshops attended with dates
- Courses/Leadership trainings attended with dates
- List of publications If any
- Other activities outside current employment
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Countries visited
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
- Names and addresses of three referees.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked "Post of Bursar" and addressed to:
Federal University, Wukari,
200, Katsina Ala Road,
Wukari, Taraba State,
- Each candidate should include the names and addresses of three referees
- Applicants should request each of the referees to forward directly, to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report written on a letter- headed paper on the applicants character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope and marked, "Post of Bursar: Referee's report", with the name of the candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelop.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired result
- Late application will not be entertained
- Candidate should attach relevant photocopies of documents to support their Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the Interview and decision of the Governing Council on the process is final
- This advertisement does not Impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.