The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant/Driver
Department: Atiku Center - Finance/Admin
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project:
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Driver is in charge of driving staff to various destinations as authorized.
- Provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm, travels after 6pm must have prior approval of the PD/Administrator of Grants and Contracts.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled accurately, timely and regularly.
- Report to the PD and Logistics Coordinator, accidents or issues with BRSA project vehicles.
- Compliance with motor vehicle and travel policy of AUN and GIZ regulations.
- Ensure vehicles have tool kit, jack, umbrella, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
Description of Benefits
- Minimum requirement of SSCE and Trade test is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years working experience with International organization.
- Must have valid class B driver’s license.
- Certificate on professional driving and proficiency in Hausa is an added advantage.
- Experience of GIZ and/or USAID policy on driving and vehicle usage is an advantage
- Fulfil AUN Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here
to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected]
in a word document or PDF format
Click here for more information
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.