The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader/Capacity Development Specialist
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project:
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Lead the efficiency and management of Office Operations and timely delivery of programs support.
- Ensures compliance to all work ethics, resources management and provide exemplary leadership.
- Coordinate timely programs reporting working with officers and other specialists.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of the project training/capacity building, in line with the priorities identified by the project and partner institutions.
- Ensure the inclusion and consistency of capacity development plans in the overall project work plan and deliverables.
- Identify and organize collaborative partnership with trainers/consultant or capacity development experts, including professionals from GIZ programs, to meet the demand and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate the network of capacity building experts on training and mentoring, in consultation with the Project Director.
- Ensure coherence and synergies of the project’s intervention with the overall strategy of JSR in terms of capacity building and high performance.
- Initiate, lead and follow relevant partnerships with Ministry of Agriculture, AADP and GIZ, in order to support and pursue sustainable trainings for the targeted departments/units.
- Ensure the sharing of experiences and dissemination of good practice in capacity development.
- Design and develop training modules to support and respond to project needs.
- Develop a range of specific sustainable training on Agricultural produce value addition and emerging markets approaches and strategies.
- Coordinate/align training modules to direct beneficiaries of the project "learning by doing";
- Organize, implement and monitor other capacity utilization programs especially coaching and mentoring.
Description of Benefits
- MA/MS in Pure and or Social Sciences and years’ experience in project management,
- 3 years’ experience managing office and people management.
- Great communication and report writing skills.
- Have experience in the development of training materials and delivering trainings.
- Average knowledge of project finance and procurement processes.
- Excellent knowledge of agriculture value chain.
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in Local languages and English.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here
to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected]
in a word document or PDF format
Click here for more information
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.