The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Maiha LGA, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Support implementation of agriculture within scope of the project.
- Involve in community mobilization, targeting and tracking distribution of agriculture.
- Conduct regular field visits to farms and update project activities in the field.
- Attend agricultural meetings with partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Support in Observation and inspect of project demo farms, farmer’s crops and soils.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
Description of Benefits
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Farm Management or other related field.
- At least minimum of 2 years’ experience in agriculture focused projects.
- Good level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in Local languages and English.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here
(doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected]
in a word document or PDF format
Click here For More Infomation
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.