Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior MEL Manager - Nigeria IHP
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) - Task Order 7 - Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 7 is to implement priority primary health interventions in the FCT state to strengthen the state local area council (LAC) and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC service; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 7 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager implements a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in the FCT state, Nigeria.
- Implements a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in state;
- Provides leadership and technical oversight, support, and direction on performance monitoring and evaluation at the state, LGA, facility, and community levels;
- Leads analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Collaborates with IHP State technical teams to ensure lessons learnt, and best practices are incorporated into ongoing interventions and innovative approaches;
- Leads development, dissemination, and application of M&E processes and tools in State;
- Responsible for oversight of data collection and information management processes, to ensure overall data reliability, consistency, and quality
- Reports directly to State IHP Director with technical oversight from IHP MEL Director.
- The State level Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager must be a proven leader in the field, with senior-level experience in the management of MEL for public health programs.
- The Manager will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in implementing project-level M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he should have experience with complexity aware monitoring and demonstrated experience in promoting the use of data for decision-making.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs.
Additional qualifications include:
Applications Closing Date
- A Master's degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field, PhD, preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for complex health and/or development projects.
- Experience with USAID/global indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of large data sets, data management and data use skills.
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
4th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online