Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager - Nigeria IHP
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration.
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks an Operations Manager for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 6 – Ebonyi State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
The purpose of Task Order 6 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Ebonyi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
Task Order 6 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
The Operations Manager is responsible under the leadership of the State Director and senior management, in the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities that deliver the project in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
- Assists in overseeing overall operations at State Office and provides operations guidance and oversight for IHP state offices
- Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
- Regularly reviews operations practices, develops, and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies
- Performs project procurements as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, and documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships
- Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
- Coordinates with operations team at the Abuja Central Office to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
- Ensures the Fixed Asset Register of the project is up to date and comprehensive.
- Supports the Director to ensure that all assets of the project are safe and secure.
Applications Closing Date
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree are required;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience;
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s);
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile;
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- Project Management expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
4th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online