Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver - Nigeria IHP
Report to Logistics Officer
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks Drivers for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 6 – Ebonyi State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
The purpose of Task Order 6 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Ebonyi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
Task Order 6 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The Driver is a full-time position to support the Nigeria Integrated Health Program staff in the safe transport of team members and deliveries
- Under immediate supervision of the Logistics Officer.
Applications Closing Date
- Have an Ordinary National Diploma (OND);
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Understand the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Familiar with the culture of the area.
- Familiar with the local terrain and routes and respond appropriately, in case of emergency.
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage
4th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online