Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Internal Audit Lead
- Will be responsible for assisting the Team Lead Internal Audit on all activities related to internal audit activities.
- Assist in developing the annual risk based internal audit plan
- Perform risk management activities including identifying key risks facing different areas of Ikeja Electric, documenting such risks, assessing them, suggesting strong measures to mitigate them, and monitoring those risks with a view to ensuring that they are within the risk appetite.
- Develop and update audit programmes and checklists regularly
- Prepare audit planning memorandum for each assigned audit to guide the focus on the scheduled audit.
- Carry out assigned field audits within the stipulated timeline and submit value adding reports within the stated deadline.
- Conduct assigned investigations with diligent root cause analysis and submit high quality reports within the stipulated timeline.
- Perform assigned adhoc reviews and submit appropriate and value adding reports within the advised timeline.
- Monitor internal control operations in the assigned areas of the company’s operations and ensure timely exception reports are submitted.
- Follow up on the approved audit reports and recommendations to ensure implementation within the stipulated timeline.
- Vet payment, adjustment and other documents by ensuring compliance with the company’s policies, processes, and contract terms.
- Review policies and processes of the company, identify and escalate gaps that need to be addressed.
- Comply with Quality Management System/Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head, Internal Audit.
- A good First degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant science or social science field
- MUST be a chartered/certified accountant
- Post qualification cognate experience of 4 years in relevant sectors.
- Oral and written communication skill.
- Analytical skill
- Strong accounting and auditing knowledge
- Good understanding of the industry and the applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
- Team building.
- Change catalyst.
- Supervisory skills.
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online