CareerXpress is one of Africa’s biggest social enterprise with a core objective of reducing unemployment in West Africa using digital marketing skills. We partner with organizations with the aim of bridging employability gap in the workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (With Experience in Architecture)
- Responsible for producing architectural working drawings, designs, plans, model and schemes using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Maintain/ organize project files, schedules and specifications.
- Provide input to design and construction schedule and communicate the technical implications of design decisions.
- Conduct feasibility studies for the projects.
- Supervise the projects on site.
- Prepare brief for the client needs stated.
- Keep up to date with new development in the design industry.
- Investigate sites proposed for development to secure data such as measurements, for the preparation of site development plans.
- Investigate materials for the project.
- Operations Management
- The General Manager plan, direct and coordinate all the organization’s operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of managers, training managers, and other direct reports.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
As a Project Manager he -performs a wide range of duties including some but not limited to all of the following:
Plan the project:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project:
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project:
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project:
- Write reports on the project for management and for investors
- Communicate with investors as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
Evaluate the project:
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Application Closing Date
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of architecture, Civil engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Proven working experience in project management in the building and construction sector
- Working experience in an interior decoration or furniture company is a plus
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven work experience at the top managerial level
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Solid architectural or Civil Engineering background
- Minimum of 10 years experience
11th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.