Dangote Petroleum Refinery, a subsidiary of Dangote Group, is a state-of-the-art refinery (world's largest single train refinery) with an integrated petrochemical complex and an unltra-modern fetilizer complex with the largest trains in the world are under construction at Lekki, in Lagos State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Firemen and Fire Engine Driver
: Nigeria - Lagos
Function/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 2 Openings
- Firefighting and Rescue Operations in Hydrocarbon Industry and sustain continuously improve his best performance in fire prevention and fire protection.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Carry-out routine fire patrol in the Refinery site.
- Ensuring that all emergency and firefighting equipment are in a ready and fit-to-use state at all times.
- Turn out to every fire scene within the terminal and outside the terminal as shall be directed.
- Initiate the firefighting/ fire suppression through the deployment of equipment not limited to the fire engine alone. Carry-out daily routine maintenance checks on the fire appliance, water tanker and other ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing water and foam compound in the fire appliance after every turn out. Responsible for driving the fire engine/water tanker, to and fro every fire scene and for other operations as shall be directed.
- Participate in salvage and rescue operations to limit loss/injury to equipment and personal during any incident.
- Perform stand-by duties to monitor discharge/loading operations of flammables and volatile chemicals. Conduct fire evacuation drills bi-annually and ensure good awareness of the terminal’s emergency procedures.
- Carry-out other duties as assigned. Competence Requirements Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- To turnout and fight all types of emergencies like fire, gas leak, spillage, rescue and structural collapse etc.
- To maintain firefighting equipment and installations to its best performance as designed.
- To prevent fire during all identified critical hot jobs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
- Holder of Nigerian Certificate of Education / HND.
- Six Month Fire Training certificate from recognized Fire Training Institute of Nigeria
- Candidate must have current Driver’s License for Fire Engine category.
- Satisfactorily demonstration use of firefighting skills with Firefighting Appliances / Fire Tenders.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large manufacturing industry which has fire protection system including external fire-hydrant system, sprinkler system, foam spray system and firefighting trucks
22nd November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online